Thursday, March 8, 2012

Random thoughts

Work is good, very busy though. I feel like I actually have things to do and accomplish so the time kinda flies by, and I end up staying late (as does pretty much everyone) without worrying about it. I'm looking forward to being done with this training and actually working.

As far as I can tell the weather has been a bit disappointing. Probably 70-80 most of the day/night, mixing in some clouds and showers. The locals love it because it's not sweltering hot. Frankly I wouldn't be upset with sweltering hot. I mean, it's nice out, I guess I really don't see the outside between 830 and 630 except briefly when going to lunch anyway. I have 0% of a tan (not that I care).

I ate at an Italian place in the Cocowalk last night, which is kind of the heart of the restaurants and shops in this area. The food wasn't worth talking about but I had an interesting conversation with a barker out there. I asked him what's good to do in the area since it seemed pretty dead, and he basically said the area was depressed because of the economy. I guess when people vacation less it makes sense that the less interesting tourist destinations suffer first (even if you were gonna vacation to Miami, Coconut Grove probably wouldn't be your first choice). So now half the shops and bars are closed down and traffic is very light.

No comments:

Post a Comment